Chocolate and peanut butter are 2 of my children’s favorite things. When I told them that I had a recipe that included both, that they could make (mostly) on their own, they were very excited.
Super Simple Peanut Butter Blossoms
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
24 unwrapped chocolate candies
extra sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl, mix your peanut butter, sugar and egg. Mix until well blended.
- Chill dough for 20-30 minutes
- Roll dough into 1/2 tsp balls
- Optional step – roll balls in extra sugar
- Place balls 2″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 6-8 minutes, or until golden
- Remove from oven, cool for 2 minutes
- Gently press a candy into the center of each ball
- Remove to cooling rack, cool completely
How simple is that? The only thing that the kids really need me to do for them is take the cookies in and out of the oven.